Sunday, January 22, 2006

Luquer Street

That has been my address in Brooklyn since 1991. In that time, people have come and gone in my building. But the fourth floor family of Buzz, Patti and their young daughter Anne have always been a fixture. And this is where the coincidence of all conicidences got me started writing this blog.

My girlfriend Elizabeth was visiting from Berkeley for a few weeks over Winter break. We were out shooting some silly video and came home and ran into Anne (I have only seen Anne maybe once or twice in the last five years since she moved to go to school.)

We exchanged pleasantries on the steps. To keep the story simple - we find out that Anne is now a massage therapist and while in college at Colorado she went to the same school as Elizabeth's best friend Amber. E asks A, if she knows her. "Amber is one of my best friends," she replies.

Small world. Here we have two people standing between me on the same block in Brooklyn who both have the same very close pal and I am the connector.

But wait, the story gets even better. We get upstairs. Elizabeth recalls four years ago when she got a massage while visiting Colorado. Who gave her the massage? Anne. But Anne had dreadlocks at that time so Elizabeth didn't recognize her downstairs with short hair.

The odds are just too incredible to really fathom this. So instead of holding in all of these coincidences, I've decided to chronicle them, for your pleasure, for my sanity, for the good of Humankind. And to finally have a trail to see where it all leads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home