Thursday, March 02, 2006

Items...

From time to time, I will espouse recent items of remarkable content...

Early last year I was dating a woman. She made me a music CD. One of the songs was "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone" by Bill Withers. I had never heard this song before. Or of him.

Next day I walk into a store to shop - song is on the radio. Later, I walk into Tower Records and there is a endcap featuring a big photo of him and his music on sale. That night met some friends at a club where they took very old concert/music posters, laminated them and used them under glass as cool dinner tables. Sat down and YUP! staring at me all night is Mr. Wither's mug.

* * *

Elizabeth was flying in to JFK a few months ago. I was late so we agreed to meet halfway out on the subway. She was not feeling well because her monthly woman cycle was about to arrive. I called her at an elevated train stop and asked comically if, "the red-dot had arrived yet?" We laughed. I hung up. Turned around and this flyer was staring me right in the face.

Spooky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home